Friday, October 17, 2008

One Wednesday Morning....

It was just our typical day. Nathan just ate, he's now in his swing sleeping. Erika and I were in her room playing and having a lot of fun. I was reading Snow White to her .She was playing in the bead curtain hanging on her door while all of a sudden she decided to shut the door. I didn't make a big deal out of it cause we were both inside so I kept reading. Then after almost 20 minutes, I thought I'd check on Nathan and see if he's ok. I got up went to her door only to find out it was locked. When we first moved in, all the keys in this house had key locks but we had no keys so in order to prevent Erika from locking her self in we turned the knob on her door around. Ordinarily that would have been fine except today, when we were both inside the room. Great! Now what do I do, I thought to myself. I wasn't panicking because I knew that Nathan was sleeping. The only problem was how long would it take before I could figure how to get us out of the room and how long would Nathan be asleep. So after almost twenty minutes of trying everything, even trying to just take the whole door knob out, I was starting to panic cause I was unsuccessful. I finally decided to jump out the window and went to my neighbor for help. After another 20 minutes of trying different things, another neighbor was able to open our storm door. Luckily the front door was open. And they let us out. Would you believe it? Nathan was asleep through the whole thing! Thank goodness!

Ahhh, the joys of motherhood....

1 comment:

Daisy said...

So I totally forgot that you had a blog now but I was just checking Nikki's and there you are!! Anyways, I did that once at the house where I was babysitting for a few months when Cameryn was just a baby. Not exactly the same thing.. I locked myself completely out of the house.. with little 6 or 7 month old Cameryn on the inside by herself. I had to take the 4 year old out the front of the house for the bus and took the 2 year old girl with me. We were walking out the door as the bus drove up and I hear Cameryn wake up crying from her nap. I think I'll just be quick and run the little boy out to the bus and be right back. Well no such luck, the door locked behind us. It was AWFUL!! I had to go to a neighbors to call the lady I worked for and she told me where the spare key was. Anyways, those are always scary moments. I just hated to know that Cameryn was in the house crying for however many minutes by herself. Anyways, I will try to comment more on your blog from now on, but not such long ones usually, haha.