Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Permanent Resident at Last!

This is a very great news for me! I finally got my green card in the mail last week! I was sooo excited to open the envelope when I saw where the letter was from. Coming over here (LEGALLY anyway!) meant tons of paper work to do and money to be able to do it. That's why it was such a relief when I finally got my card. What this would mean is that I am now a permanent resident of this country. I can travel abroad (for less than a year) and not have to worry about coming back. This also means that I won't have to worry about renewing anytime soon because the green card I have is good for 10 years! I will just have to renew it after 10 years but it won't affect my status.

So for the next ten years, I just have to stay away from trouble and be a good resident (otherwise they might just change their mind, haha).

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What great news!

Daisy said...

YAY!! We're so glad you're not going anywhere!!

May said...

Haha, thanks Daisy and Jess!